Wanderlust Traveler | Anwynn from Anwynn Louw
With a zest for life and a long list of places still yet to see, it’s no wonder Anwynn has such as love for not only travel but for nature and wildlife. Sometimes I think she has more energy than Wonder Woman to be able to travel the way she does.
In my latest project, Wanderlust Traveler, I’ll be featuring travel bloggers and enthusiasts who constantly remind me how beautiful South Africa really is. They will be sharing their experience, photo essays and tips on local travel and, get you a little bit more excited to travel more.
1) Tells us a little bit more about who is Anwynn
An extroverted, introvert from the Karoo (Douglas, Northern Cape), very family orientated, who fell in love with the travel industry.
2) What does travel mean to you and, where does your love for travel come from?
I honestly have no idea… It just happened. All I can say is that when I reached the end of my grade 9 years in school, the thought of having tourism as a subject excited me and from there on I continued to study Tourism Management at University as well.
3) What is your planning tips and budget tricks when going on a holiday?
I think it’s safe to say that I’m the VFR traveler, staying with friends or family cuts major costs on accommodation. Prior to buying Clover (my car), I traveled by train mostly. I’m well aware that railway travel is a bit slower, but I just love it. I always felt safe and it’s comfortable with a private compartment, a restaurant, and a shower, what more do you need? Oh, and when I do prefer to fly domestically, I use Travelstart to compare and find the most affordable flights.
4) Your most memorable trip and, why?
A road trip with my family two years ago. It was the first trip with my siblings since we became “working” adults, (lol) so we had the freedom to do more and be a bit more adventurous!
5) Any general trends affecting travel these days?
People are becoming more eco-conscious; they tend to take part in activities which are nature and wildlife friendly.
6) Your favourite foods to eat while traveling?
7) What equipment do you travel with?
Definitely my camera!
8) Worst holiday so far and, why you won’t recommend it?
I haven’t had a bad holiday experience, yet.
9) Any advice to people who would like to start traveling?
Research, research, and more research. I’m well aware that South Africans aren’t the biggest of TripAdvisor users, but I would definitely recommend checking out an establishment’s/activity’s reviews from previous guests.
10) Where can we find you? Social Links, Blog, etc
Until the next adventure.