Opstal Stay: A New Mountainside Accommodation
Since 1847, Opstal went from a working wine farm to opening up a restaurant and, have now launched 5 new luxurious stays to their list.
And I had the privilege to be one of the first people to stay at the new establishments along the beautiful valley on the Breedekloof Wine Route.
A mere hours drive from Cape Town, the 5 new comfortable and stylish units are nestled in the heart of the Slanghoek Valley; overlooking breathtaking series of mountains.
With Opstal featuring some of the best panoramic perspectives, it made sense to include accommodations for travellers and families to enjoy where you’ll also find their restaurant, ‘Opstal Eat’, and wine facilities, ‘Opstal Taste’.
It’s been four years in the making and, worth every tear shed of hard work, passion and, having to work together with family and friends.
Located on top of a hill, the 5 standalone units are ideal for couples and families alike with a contemporary look and sleek exterior which compliments it’s surroundings so elegantly.
With three 2-sleepers and two 4-sleepers, each unit is uniquely decorated with its own flare and named after prominent people who played a role in making Opstal the establishment it is today.
Every unit is equip with a wide, open deck; overlooking the magnificent vineyard view, a braai facility, and a hot tube to use during the winter nights or to use for a cold splash in the summer.
Inside, the units are spacious, complete with beautiful wood finishes and modern decor with a living and dining room area and, an open kitchen with all the amenities.
The 4-sleeper has two single beds with its own bathroom while the main bedroom faces the view with a luxurious walk-in bathroom.
If you love big, open windows the way I do that gives you a 360 view of your surroundings, then you’ll enjoy this quiet yet peaceful getaway in Slanghoek Valley.
Stay Options and Pricing
The four sleeper units’ weekday price is R1 950 per night and R2 250 per night over the weekend. The two-sleeper units’ weekday price is R1 450 per night and R1 750 per night over the weekend.
Breakfast and lunch can be enjoyed at Opstal’s restaurant from Wednesday to Sunday. Guests are advised to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Contact Details:+27 66 2038889 | Email: email@example.com
Activities to do
There are a number of activities to enjoy in the Slanghoek valley region. Here are a few recommended by Opstal:
- Enjoy breakfast and lunch at Opstal’s restaurant from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Learn about pairing wine with cheese while enjoying a wine tasting and/or cheese and wine pairing at Opstal.
- Get in touch with nature and get a bit of exercise as you explore the Opstal or Jason’s Hill Hiking Trail in the Slanghoek Valley.
- Try a gin pairing at Ou Stokery on the R101, also referred to as the Old N1.
- Navigate beautiful landscapes while mountain biking in the Slanghoek Valley at Slanghoek Cellar.
- Explore the hidden Louwshoek while fly-fishing at Dwarsberg Trout Hideaway.
- Learn about birds found in the Breedekloof Wine Valley while bird-watching at Bergsig Estate.
- Join a unique and interactive Italian cooking class at Picardi Place.
More Exciting News …
Besides the stylish new accommodations, Opstal has officially introduced Opstal Vars. But what is it?
“Vars products, Vars ideas, and Vars people“, that’s the motto. It’s a box of naturally delicious, quality ingredients sourced from the fertile green Breedekloof Valley.
The contents of the box vary every month but it’s from:
- Trusted, local suppliers from the Breedekloof Wine Valley.
- ‘Friends of Opstal’ in who’s philosophy we trust and love to support.
- Products that promote fairness.
- Varying Opstal Estate wine in every box.
Opstal Vars boxes are retailing at R650 per month. It can be collected once a month from an Opstal Vars hub near you. With no lock-in plans or contracts, you can cancel your subscription at any time. Orders are placed monthly through the online shop: https://opstal.co.za/opstal-shop/.
For more information on Opstal Vars, read more here.
Whether you looking for a quick escape, a romantic getaway, a weekend away with friends or family, or a box of fresh goodness produce, Opstal Stay and Opstal Vars comes highly recommended.
For more travel inspiration, make sure you subscribe to my monthly newsletter.
Till the next small town.
DISCLAIMER: I was invited by Opstal Estate. The information and images are my own. It’s written in good faith and will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of the websites.